Samantha Simmons, Coordinator of Marketing & Communications for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation, shares a special guest blog explaining how you can support Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month.
Each September, the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation celebrates Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month. We invite you to join us to raise awareness for those who have been impacted by pulmonary fibrosis worldwide.
There are many ways you can become involved in this important cause. Here are just a few options to participate:
- Share the facts. One of the best ways to generate awareness about pulmonary fibrosis is to educate others about the impact of this devastating disease. Throughout September, the PFF shares 30 Facts In 30 Days via social media. This campaign provides trusted, medically accurate facts about PF. The first fact will be posted on September 1. We encourage you to like, share, and comment on as many facts as possible to help gain momentum throughout the web.
- Tell your story and support others. Each day in September, the Foundation will post stories from people living with PF, caregivers, transplant recipients, those who have lost a loved one, and healthcare professionals in the Portraits of PF series on Facebook. These heartfelt stories help others understand the many journeys people affected by PF have experienced. We are currently accepting story submissions for September.
- Go Blue with #BlueUp4PF. Show your support by wearing as much blue as possible. Then, take a selfie and share it on social media along with the hashtag #BlueUp4PF. Be sure to tell everyone why you’re going blue!
- Get Your Community to Go Blue. Request a local building or landmark participate in #BlueUp4PF by shining their evening lights blue with hope for the pulmonary fibrosis community. The CN Tower in Toronto will go blue for PF on September 27, 2019.
- Make a donation. At the conclusion of PF Awareness Month on September 30, the Foundation welcomes everyone who has been touched by the stories, facts, photos, and more to make a gift to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation to help people everywhere who are living with pulmonary fibrosis. Join us on Facebook for our 24-hour giving challenge. Our goal is to raise $25,000.
Check out the Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month planning guide to get started and for even more ideas. For questions about PF Awareness Month or any of the steps inside the planning guide, or to share your story, contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for helping us let the world know about pulmonary fibrosis!